It is impossible for startups to understand and know how to solve all difficulties they encounter. Mentor clinics are 1 on 1 high level interactions between mentors and entrepreneurs, with topics that focus on: Business Model design, HR, Legal, Fundraising, Supply chain, etc.. The Mentor clinics aim to provide a private, interactive session for mentors to share their experience and advise startups, in their areas of expertise.
Topic: Intellectual Property (Trademark, Patents and Registered Designs)
This clinic is for you if you have a question on effective trademark, patent or design protection and commercialization strategy.
A business can be severely compromised if the product of the start-up infringes the intellectual property (IP) such as an existing patent or trademark of a third party. The indignant owners of the IP can demand heavy damages or close down a competing business entirely. With knowledge in hand, however, businessmen need not back down and may even turn the situation around to their advantage.
(Prior to attendee who joined "Introduction to Intellectual Property (Patents and Trademarks)" on Mar 14.)
Timeslot (1) 2:00 pm – 2:45 pm
Timeslot (2) 3:00 pm – 3:45 pm
Timeslot (3) 4:00 pm – 4:45 pm
Timeslot (4) 5:00 pm – 5:45 pm
Criteria of applicant:
- Open to public, but startups will get priority.
- Applicants will need to fill in an application form after choosing the session on the registration page.
- For people who register early online, fee will be only HKD 200 / session.
- For walk-in, fee will be HKD 250 / session and only be accepted when the session is not booked.
- Mentee will be expected to give feedback after the sessions
- If you are interested in joining our next session, please fill-in this form: https://goo.gl/WHFUKc
For more detail, please check What is Mentor Clinic below:
About the Mentor:
Edwin SIEW, of Lecto IP. Patent Attorney
|Date||31 Mar 2017, Fri|
|Time||14:00 - 18:00|
|From||Paperclip Startup Campus|
|Where||3/F Nam Wo Hong Building, 148 Wing Lok Street, Sheung Wan|
|Price||Members: FREE, Non-Members: HKD 200, Walk-in: HKD 250 (*Community Discount Code Not-Applicable)|