It is impossible for startups to understand and know how to solve all difficulties they encounter. Mentor clinics are 1 on 1 high level interactions between mentors and entrepreneurs, with topics that focus on: Business Model design, HR, Legal, Fundraising, Supply chain, etc.. The Mentor clinics aim to provide a private, interactive session for mentors to share their experience and advise startups, in their areas of expertise.
Topic: Intellectual Property (Trademark, Patents and Registered Designs)
This clinic is for you if you have a question on effective trademark, patent or design protection and commercialization strategy.
A business can be severely compromised if the product of the start-up infringes the intellectual property (IP) such as an existing patent or trademark of a third party. The indignant owners of the IP can demand heavy damages or close down a competing business entirely. With knowledge in hand, however, businessmen need not back down and may even turn the situation around to their advantage.
Timeslot (1) 2:00 pm – 2:45 pm
Timeslot (2) 3:00 pm – 3:45 pm
Timeslot (3) 4:00 pm – 4:45 pm
Timeslot (4) 5:00 pm – 5:45 pm
Criteria of applicant:
- Open to public, but startups will get priority.
- Applicants will need to fill in an application form after choosing the session on the registration page.
- For people who register early online, fee will be only HKD 200 / session.
- For walk-in, fee will be HKD 250 / session and only be accepted when the session is not booked.
- Mentee will be expected to give feedback after the sessions
- If you are interested in joining our next session, please fill-in this form: https://goo.gl/WHFUKc
For more detail, please check What is Mentor Clinic below:
About the Mentor:
Edwin SIEW, of Lecto IP. Patent Attorney
|Date||21 Apr 2017, Fri|
|Time||14:00 - 18:00|
|From||Paperclip Startup Campus|
|Where||3/F Nam Wo Hong Building, 148 Wing Lok Street, Sheung Wan|
|Price||Members: FREE, Non-Members: HKD 200, Walk-in: HKD 250 (*Community Discount Code Not-Applicable)|